Saturday, October 17, 2009
Not alone in my dream
He told me of a reoccurring dream he used to have. He explained it like this:
In the dream, I would be at Grandma’s old house (we all loved that house). He went on to explain, if you went upstairs to our Uncle’s Bedroom there was a large walk-in closet. When you opened the door to the closet there was a staircase that went up to the attic. I stopped him, my heart was pounding, I could hear the blood coursing in my ears (if you can imagine).
I looked at him and said…”Was there an old farm table in the attic with chairs around it?”
His eyes widened slightly and he said “Yes, how did you know”
My reply took a little bit, I had never shared this dream with anyone so listening to my cousin was rather surreal. I said “Were Great Grandma and Grandpa there?”
He said “Yes, how did you know that?”
“Because, I have had that same dream.” I said.
We looked at each other, kindred spirits now having shared something that couldn’t be possible. We both had the same dream, about a farm table in an attic that was only accessible through a closet in our uncle’s bedroom. The coincidences were just too much. What made it more impossible is that there was no attic in my Grandma’s house and there wasn’t a staircase in my Uncle’s Bedroom closet. We had both shared the same experience at different times. When we talked about the conversations we had with our Great Grandparents, it was the same. They wanted to know how we were doing, and what was going on in our lives, How our parents were and were we happy.
How often have we had dreams about loved ones that involved full conversations and the next morning we think nothing of them. What if our ancestors are trying to tell us something, words of advice or warning. Maybe we are more accessible when we dream, our minds opened to the sounds and spirits around us. What knowledge can we learn from taking the time to evaluate our dreams?
My entire life has been touched by spirits. Whether they were good or bad, they always seemed to be in my life. My first recollection of a spirit helping me was when I was 3. It’s funny the things you remember when you are little. I have very few memories of that time in my life except for small snippets that don’t seem to have any great significance, and then there will be one that just stands out. It makes me wonder, if I had other experiences that I just blocked out. I don’t know if this is what I want to do, write about experience that have both elated and exhausted me. Even as I write the words I am taken aback, but I know deep down that I have to say it aloud. I have to share what I remember. It seems that time can fade the veracity of an experience. I am going to try to write about each experience as I remember it. Some of them are sweet, pure and innocent, and there are others that are not.
I don’t profess to be anything more than a regular person who has had some extraordinary experiences. I am not clairvoyant, I do not speak to spirits, I can only see them. I have faith in God and want you to know that it is this faith that saw me through the bad times and helped me to understand that even though He loves me, there are still dark forces swirling in this world.